Dr. Radhike Khanna- A Women of Substance
An educationist, philanthropist, and social worker Dr. Radhike Khanna is a woman of resilience and the pillar of Om Creations Trust. She is also the Vice-Principal of S.P.J. Sadhana School and founder-trustee of Om Creations Trust and Shraddha Charitable Trust which are both pioneering projects in rehabilitating developmentally challenged and autistic young adults and empowering them with creative employment after they graduate from S.P.J. Sadhana School.
Dr. Radhike Khanna has been drawn to help the mentally impaired since she was a child, but her path has never been paved with rose petals. She was discouraged by many who also warned her of the imminent failure, but by grace, she changed the fate of the specially-abled by empowering them to live a life of dignity. She has developed the world’s first and only five-year polytechnic programme that ensures employment for various disabled and mentally challenged people. Her work is now renowned and loved all around the world. Dr. Radhike Khanna has earned various accolades and recognition for her achievements, including the National Award for the Best Individual/Professional in the Field in December 2005 from our former President, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, and the NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Award in 2008.
Amidst these unprecedented times, Dr. Khanna was able to uplift her mentally challenged students by rewarding them for their exceptional abilities. It was a heartwarming moment for their families, who were overjoyed to receive financial assistance from their loved ones during the height of the pandemic. She also told her caregivers and teachers to teach the mentally challenged adults how to make face masks using the digital platform and to offer them sewing machines so they could work from home.
Dr. Khanna has also been a driving force behind a cultural shift in which parents have learned to recognize and value their exceptional child. They’ve been welcomed as productive employees in the corporate sector, and society has begun to accept them as well.
Her nearly four-decade journey has been marked by tremendous hurdles, hardships, public scorn, and apathy. She is content today, knowing that she has made a difference in the lives of hundreds of mentally challenged persons and provided them with a stable source of income.
Dr. Radhike Khanna’s Achievements:
- Winner of woman Global 2019 award in the area of Education.
- Jijabai Achievers Award 2018 conferred by Women’s Development Cell, Shivaji College.
- Lifetime Achievement Award by National & International Compendium.
- Bharat Jyoti Puraskar conferred in December 2017.
- #100 Women Achievers Award by Sophia Achiever’s Award President of India.
- Gaint Group of Byculla Present Excellence Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Education.
- FACE – Foundation for Accelerated Community Empowerment – Certificate of Excellence, Rashtra Vibhushan Award for outstanding individual achievement & Distinguished Services to the Nation 19th April 2015, New Delhi.
- Indian Achiever Award from All India Business Development Association.
- The Shell Helen Keller Award, December 2008, from The National Centre for Promotion of Employment of Persons with Disability.
- National Award 2005, Government of India, presented by President Dr. A.P.J. Kalam, New Delhi, for Individual Working with the Mentally Disabled.
- Mikanos -Woman of Substance Award 2002.
- The Sadguru Gnanananda Award 2002 from Dr. A.P.J Kalam as Scientific Advisor, in deep appreciation for the outstanding and pioneering efforts as a Special Educator.
- Lions International Award, 1994.